What does a travel nurse do?
To begin the Travel Nurse Academy, it is helpful to understand why travel nurses exist in the first place. In this video, you’ll learn what is a travel nurse and why travel nurses are in such high demand.
What Does a Travel Nurse Do?
The Travel Nurse Academy from Tailored Healthcare Staffing is here to give you a clear answer to this common question among new travelers.
Healthcare facilities across the United States are experiencing nursing shortages. When a hospital or healthcare network has such a shortage and needs to address its staffing issue quickly, one solution is to hire a travel nurse.
A travel nurse is a temporary, contract employee that is hired at a facility far enough away from his or her permanent residence that it would be unreasonable for the nurse to commute home daily to sleep. Typically, these assignments last 13 weeks, but the length can vary depending on the facility’s needs.
Many nurses are attracted to travel nursing for the opportunity to experience different regions of the country while being well-compensated for their skills.
Learn more about life as a travel nurse with the Travel Nurse Academy from Tailored Healthcare Staffing.
Join the Travel Nurse Academy Today!
What you’ll receive by joining the academy:
- A welcome packet complete with FAQs, career counseling, and essential travel nursing information
- Onboarding with a THS First-Time Travel Nurse Specialist
- Step-by-step timeline breaking down the travel process
- How-to guide on creating a great travel nurse resume
- Detailed breakdown of the benefits you can receive as a traveler
- Job destination advising and housing guides